Friday, June 20, 2008

Soapboxing

If you want to see what a flaming liberal I can be, don't miss my take on gay marriage in the comments to my last post. My friend Chris -- ever the thorn in my side, the gnat in my ear, the yapping Chihuahua at my feet, and the turd in my punchbowl -- forced me to offer a vitriolic and vehement response to one of his well-researched yet highly disingenuous diatribes. Now I need to get back to making a gay pride banner and applying a rainbow sticker to my car before I go get myself a butch haircut and some new flannel shirts, a big man watch, and hiking boots. Maybe then I can more readily find a partner to help me destroy the fabric of this apple-pie Leave-it-to-Beaver (no pun intended) society. I don't want to start any big brouhaha here, but if someone can change my mind with a reasoned, non-religious answer, I will eat ... my words.

No comments: