Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For In No Particular Order

1. Mike's cooking, and the nurture it represents. And when he laughs really hard at my jokes.

2. My son's happy smile, so pure that it makes the rest of the world disappear. And his skinny arms around me.

3. My daughter's belly laugh that hasn't changed since she was a baby. And her energetic spunk.

4. My Mom's busy life and her subtly sophomoric sense of humor. And her quiet strength.

5. My sister's sick, oddball, and superficial yet deep sense of humor. And her friendship.

6. My brother's low-brow yet high-minded twisted sense of humor. And listening to him sing and play guitar.

7. Friends who appreciate or overlook my crude jokes and well-meaning insults. And so many to share laughs with. Till we cry and forget what we were laughing about. And so many shoulders to cry on.

8. Good wine, good margaritas, mediocre wine, mediocre margaritas.

9. Being old enough to have plenty of sweet things to look back on and being young enough to look back.

10. Having this place to heal my heart, mend my mind, gust my guts, and sigh my soul.

What I'm Not Thankful For:

It just doesn't matter.

No comments: