Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Faking a Break

By that I mean -- this is not a real break, as I will still be writing. Just not here.

It is the first week of December and we have already begun receiving Christmas cards. This means:

a. All of the below.

b. Other people have more time on their hands than I do.

c. Other people are more thoughtful and organized than I am.

d. Other people handle the demands of daily life and the calendar better than I do.

e. I am a slacker who better get busy so my annual letter goes out before the 25th.

If you return to this site within the next few weeks hoping for a new tidbit to get you through yet another humdrum day in your otherwise dreary, lackluster lives, I regret to inform you that you will be SOL until I finish my infamously notorious/notoriously infamous yearly holiday missive.

The demands are already rolling in. At least this time I can draw from the blog. I'm sure you few readers would love a rehash, or at least a refresher on the more intriguing adventures of our 2008.

So, stay on the edge of your seats, but don't hold your breath just yet. Chomp at the bit if you must, but don't camp by the mailbox until I give you the go-ahead. And don't expect a lot. As you well know, every past issue leaves me with bigger shoes to fill each year. At some point I will reach my zenith. In fact, I may have already jumped the shark in the direction of my nadir. For all our sakes, and the sake of the betterment of all humankind, let's hope not.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it when "nadir" is used in a sentence!
my highschool yearbook was called "Apogee", but i always thought "Nadir" would have been the better choice- especially as those years were the low point in my social ineptitude, dorkiness and general loserishocity. the best example of this was my senior prom: the girl i asked said yes about a month before, then proceeded to begin dating my best friend in the interim. she still went to the prom with me, but for the spotlight dance she danced with him, and i was left to dance with his ex-girlfriend who i'd never met.

Jill Mitchell-Thein said...

Bless your heart. Don't you hate it when most of your nostalgia is tainted by loserishosity? I feel your pain, bro. More than I can say.

But what does your comment really have to do with my burgeoning winneresqueness?

Anonymous said...

it is only in our burgeoning winneresqueness that we are able to confidently mock our own past loserishocity (my word, my spelling).
and, as you knew me in my college years, you can ably attest that my dorkhoodination hadn't improved much by that point- my God, why you ever befriended me then i can't fathom! (except for our mutual condescending disdain for Kim from Valpo, of course)