Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bits of Quick Wit From my Kids

I may have mentioned this one somewhere before, but it bears repeating:

As the kids and I were walking from the carwash to a nearby restaurant, Katy got all excited when she found a penny. A few steps later, I found a dime. (Lots of change falls out of cars, I guess, and I say finders = keepers.) I sort of taunted her and said, "So what? I found a dime." She did not miss a beat. She replied, "There's nothing lucky about dimes."

And this will become a family classic, I'm afraid:

On a windy day not long ago, Luke was grabbing his package (as all males do--and apparently never outgrow). I pointed and asked, "You afraid it's gonna blow away?" "Nope," he said, "I've got a pretty good hold of it." When I told him he doesn't need to grab it all the time, he said, "Oh, I get it. Kind of like, 'If you love something, set it free.'"

Dang, they crack me up.

No comments: