Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hannah Montana's Cool, but the Jonas Brothers Rule!

I had SO much fun watching my 7-year-old daughter scream & sing along with an entire arena full of absolutely hysterical Hannah fans. It was well worth the exorbitant ticket price. Of course, I found myself singing along, too. The show was a Disney extravaganza with dancers, fireworks, confetti, streamers, & more costume changes than I could count. I thought I'd be miserable & bored, but the vicarious pleasure of seeing so many thrilled kids was impossible to resist. Of course, the big beer I paid about 12 dollars for helped, too.
The Jonas Brothers opened for her, then played again as Miley changed from her alter ego, Hannah, into herself for the second half of the show. Those boys are adorable. When I realized I kind of didn't mind watching the High School Musical movies b/c of Zac Efron & Corbin Bleu, I thought (sort of a la Jeff Foxworthy) "you might be a pedophile..... if you're 40 & you have inappropriate thoughts when you see cute boys less than half your age." Well, the Jonas Bros confirmed it. I'm afraid I might be. Good thing I'm too old to go back & be a high school teacher. I might be in prison & pregnant.
I really hope ol' BillyRay Cyrus can keep his sweet daughter in line so she doesn't end up one day baring her ragged out "tinkerbell" (as Katy calls it) as she drunkenly stumbles out of a limo with, say, a heroin-addicted Hilary Duff & a DUI-ankle-braceleted Raven-Symone.
Get this. Since Katy is a fan club member, we got special VIP treatment. All the "MileyWorld" members got to participate in raffles for meet & greets with Miley or tour bus visits or Hannah Montana toothbrushes. We didn't win anything, BUT, (here's the good news) all the fan club members got to stand in line for about an hour to have their picture taken with a life-size cardboard Miley cut-out & (drum roll)......Miley's real-life GRANDMOTHER! Yep, my daughter & her friend can now treasure (or sell on eBay) a real photo of Miley Cyrus' granny. And she's not even BillyRay's mom, as people kept asking. Like, "Oh, wow. Are you really the one whose loins spawned the Achy-Breaky Heart guy? Can I have your gnarled, arthritic hand scribble me an autograph?" She's just his mother-in-law, so I bet that prevented much threat of writer's cramp. Bless her heart. What a gig, huh? Wonder what he pays her. I bet she gets free Depends since she has to stand there & pose like frickin Santa for several hours at a time. Can you believe that? Let's put grandma to work. I bet she'd rather be back in Tennessee wearing her blue greeter's vest at the local Wal-Mart. Again, I just have to say, bless her poor little old heart. If my kid ever becomes a gajillionaire, I guarantee my mother & mother-in-law will be living on their own private islands with diamond-encrusted jets & well-coiffed servants & french chefs & dedicated personal shoppers & hot cabana boys giving them pedicures & massages & serving them maragaritas as they float on gold-leafed pools full of perfectly heated FIJI bottled water. Hear that, moms? I will not allow y'all to become geriatric sideshow attractions. I'm sure you'll hold me to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, Jill, my precious little granddaughter can sing AND perform. Not to brag, but she and her brother are two of the most talented I know! You might have to put them to work, because I rather like your vision for your mother and me. What is the saying---if you can visualize it, you can realize it? I am very impressed you know me soooo well!! I'm calling your mother immediately.

Anonymous said...

So I keep waiting for you to upload a Jonas Brothers song onto your list of faves, but hey, I must be the oldest JB fan alive (aside from their mothers, I guess). 43 going on 13. Hey - sounds like a good title for a movie. Can Nick Jonas play my boyfriend?

Have a great turkey day.

Janet

Me said...

You guys are hysterical! I with you all..I'm in the "oldest JB fans" section. I'm actually 30. Maybe we need to form a support group or something. :)